(1) How to enter: Completed applications will be accepted through October 31, 2017, at the end of the business day. Incomplete applications will be penalized. Need not be present to win. A completed application includes: 2017 TFCU Teacher of the Year Award application and short video entry, between two (2) minutes and five (5) minutes in length, answering the following questions: (1) What is your name? (2) What is your school and school size? (3) How do you incorporate financial education into your classroom?
(2) Eligibility: Contest open to all Oklahoma teachers who teach financial literacy in some form to students in grades 7-12. Applicants must be a legal U.S. resident 18 years and older. Employees, volunteers and immediate families (spouses and parents, siblings and children and their spouses) of Tinker Federal Credit Union are not eligible to enter. Entries must be submitted under one name. All entries become the exclusive property of Tinker Federal Credit Union (Sponsor) and will not be acknowledged or returned.
(3) Prizes available: Number of Winners: Three (3) Award of Excellence winners. Description of Prize: One (1) entry in each category will be selected as the Award of Excellence winner. Winner shall receive $2,000 with award plaque, and $1,000 will go to the school at which the winner is employed. No alternative prize, cash, or other substitution is permitted except by the Sponsor in the event of prize unavailability. All federal, state, provincial and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
(4) Winners: Selection of Winners: All applications will be screened by TFCU and reviewed for eligibility. Winners will be selected based on the decision of the judges, and their decisions are entirely their own and are final and binding. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible applications received. The winners will be notified by telephone and email in December 2017. The Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for any late, lost, or misdirected notification, or for winner’s unsuccessful efforts to claim any prize. By accepting and/or using prize, the winner agrees to the use of his/her award entry, name, and/or likeness for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
(5) General: By entering, each applicant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final. Sponsor, agents and representatives of Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for:
(i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible or unintelligible entries (ii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (v) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest; or (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel Contest at any time.
By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to release and hold Sponsor and the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives of Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, illegible or misdirected applications. Prizes that are not claimed by May 31, 2018, will not be awarded. Winner must show valid identification to collect prizes. Winner of the prizes will be required to sign a Liability/Publicity Release (where legal) to receive their respective prizes. Prize may be reported as taxable income. Contact Tinker Federal Credit Union’s Financial Education Department at (405) 732-0324 or 1-800-456-4828, or write TFCU at P.O. Box 45750, Tinker AFB, OK 73145 with questions. Entry in this promotion or acceptance of any prize constitutes acceptance of the Official Rules.