Basic Guidelines On Tipping: How Much to Give
According to CNNMoney.com, tipping isn’t always as simple as calculating a standard 15 or 20 percent. Here are some guidelines and suggestions to keep in mind when it comes time to leave your next tip.
- Taxi — 15 percent should be enough. An extra $1 or $2 for help with bags.
- Airport Skycap — $1 per bag if you check curbside.
- Hotel maid — $2-5 per night, left daily to allow for staff changes.
- Barber or hairdresser — 15-20 percent of the total. For a holiday bonus, double that amount.
- Valet — $2 to have your car brought to you.
- Pizza or other deliveries — 10 percent of the bill.
- Hotel doorman — For luggage, $1 per bag. $1 per person to hail a cab.
- Concierge — $5 for reservations or for getting you tickets. No tip is required for directions.
- Shoeshiner — $2-3.
- Coatroom attendant — $1 per coat.