Simple Ideas for Inexpensive Fun
If you set a savings goal this year, you’ve probably cut out a lot of extra spending. But working toward a savings goal doesn’t mean you can’t have fun. If you’re looking for budget-friendly things to do, check out these simple ideas for spending less in 2014:
• Rent a classic movie instead of going out to see a new release.
• Enjoy a picnic in the park instead of a meal in a restaurant.
• Visit local attractions like museums and the zoo on free days.
• Take a bike ride, hike or walk local trails for relaxation and exercise.
• Pick your own fruit in the summer and fall for a fun outing — and to store for later.
• Try new recipes for dinner. Find the recipe for a favorite restaurant dish and recreate it.
• Have a game night at home. Play cards, enjoy board games, do a puzzle.
There are many low-cost or no-cost things to do in your community. Check out your community calendar online to see what is going on in your area.