Financial Literacy Survey Results
Key findings from the 2018 Consumer Financial Literacy Survey conducted by the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC) reinforce what TFCU has seen in the communities we serve. Americans are struggling with their personal finances and facing challenges with money management and debt. But, there seems to be a silver lining that shows Millennials are saving more than in previous years and adults are more confident in their financial decisions.
According to the survey:
- 90 percent of adults say they are very or somewhat confident in their last big financial decision.
- 25 percent of adults in the U.S. admit they do not pay all of their bills on time.
- 49 percent of those who have tried to purchase a home have faced barriers.
- 41 percent of Millennials say they are now saving more money compared to one year ago.
- 24 percent find it difficult to minimize debt due to unexpected financial emergencies.
TFCU’s goal is to provide financial education to our members and the businesses and communities we serve. As a member, you have access to these complimentary resources:
- Financial workshops conducted by TFCU staff.
- Free personalized, one-on-one coaching with one of TFCU’s certified financial counselors. Call (405) 319-7991, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or email email@example.com.
- Financial information and personal financial counseling through BALANCE Financial Fitness. Call 1-888.456.2227.
- Self-guided, educational modules on the basics of personal finance through BalanceTrack.