NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Tinker Federal Credit Union 2019 Back to School $500 Scholarship Sweepstakes (“Scholarship Sweepstakes”) is open to entrants who attend the designated Oklahoma sponsored university and/or college at which the Event (as defined below) is being held (the “College”). Entrants, on the day of the Event, must be (a) at least eighteen (18) years of age, (b) a current and/or enrolled student at the College in at least one 3-hour class/course for the Fall 2019 semester, (c) a permanent legal resident of one of the fifty (50) states of the United States of America or of the District of Columbia (collectively the “U.S.”), (d) has a legal and valid street address (no post office boxes) within the U.S., (e) holds a current and valid U.S. and/or state government issued photo identification, and (f) able to qualify to become a member of Tinker Federal Credit Union (“TFCU”).
Entrants are responsible for assuring their residency status complies with federal, state, and local laws regarding the Scholarship Sweepstakes. The Scholarship Sweepstakes is void outside the eligible sweepstakes territory and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, volunteers, agents, and directors of TFCU and Braid Creative & Consulting, LLC and all of their immediate families (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, grandparents, and their respective spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of each such person are not eligible to enter or win the Scholarship Sweepstakes. Eligible persons may enter the Scholarship Sweepstakes, subject to all of the requirements of these 2019 Back to School $500 Scholarship Sweepstakes Official Rules (“Official Rules”).
2. TIMING. The Scholarship Sweepstakes entry period begins at 9:00 a.m. (Central Time) and ends at midnight (Central Time) on the day of the Event, (the “Event-Sweepstakes Period”). All eligible entrants of the Event-Sweepstakes Period will be included in the random drawing, which will be conducted by an authorized employee or system of TFCU. The potential winner will be drawn at random on the next business day following the day of the Event, and notified via text message* within two (2) business days following the Event. After being contacted by a TFCU representative within two (2) business days of the random drawing for the Event, the potential winner must reply within twenty-four (24) hours of first contact from TFCU to claim the scholarship prize, subject to an account qualification. The potential winner must have an account with TFCU or is required to open an account with TFCU, for the purposes of a direct deposit of the scholarship prize into the qualifying TFCU account via direct deposit.
3. HOW TO ENTER. No purchase is required to enter the Scholarship Sweepstakes, but the entrant must meet the requirements in these Official Rules. Entries must be submitted by (1) texting the designated Event “code” to the number 31996or (2) by hand-written entry on a form provided by TFCU on the day of the Event and placed in the applicable TFCU “drop-box.” All entrants are subject to eligibility, verification of eligibility, and membership qualification. By entering the Scholarship Sweepstakes, the entrant automatically accepts these Official Rules.
Limit one (1) entry per student in the Scholarship Sweepstakes per Event. All entries must be received by TFCU no later than midnight on the day of the Event. ALL ENTRANTS MUST PROVIDE A VALID MOBILE NUMBER AND UPON PROVIDING SUCH MOBILE NUMBER THE ENTRANT AUTOMATICALLY AGREES TO BE CONTACTED AT THE MOBILE NUMBER PROVIDED BY CALL OR TEXT FOR THE PURPOSE OF THIS SCHOLARSHIP SWEEPSTAKES. All entrants and entries are subject to eligibility, verification, and membership qualification prior to officially being named and awarded the scholarship prize. Eligibility is based on compliance with these Official Rules and verification of compliance.
4. WINNER SELECTION and NOTIFICATION. Within one (1) business day of the Event, a potential winner (from all entrants of the Event) will be randomly selected by drawing and will be notified of the potential winning of the scholarship prize within two (2) business days of the Event. An authorized TFCU employee or system will randomly draw an entrant’s name from all valid entries. Winners will be contacted by text at the mobile number within the time specified. A verified eligible winner of the Scholarship Sweepstakes must have a TFCU account or qualify and open a TFCU account within ten (10) business days of the drawing and the scholarship prize money of five hundred dollars ($500.00) will be direct deposited into the qualifying TFCU account held in the name of the potential winner as a primary share holder. The drawing and prize award is subject to the entrant’s timely reply within twenty-four (24) hours of the initial contact by a TFCU representative. Only one entrant will win per Event and winners are subject to eligibility, verification, and TFCU member qualification. The entrants must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all Official Rule requirements. The randomly selected potential winner must reply within the required time-frame and provide the necessary information and verification to accept the scholarship prize.
The scholarship prize is not transferable, assignable, or exchangeable. The eligible winner must present a valid U.S. government or U.S. state issued photo identification (unexpired) to claim the award and the potential winner must prove eligibility. The official winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and compliance to these Official Rules. The official winner who accepts the scholarship prize grants TFCU the right to use the official winner’s name, address, photograph, and likenesses for advertising, promotional, and publicity purposes. If the potential winner randomly drawn does not reply within twenty-four (24) hours of the initial contact by a TFCU representative, the potential winner automatically forfeits their scholarship award and a new potential winner will be randomly selected. Any new potential winner contacted in the same manner set forth in these Official Rules and must meet all of the requirements and qualifications of these Official Rules.
5. SCHOLARSHIP PRIZE. Subject to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules one prize per Event will be awarded in this Scholarship Sweepstakes. The scholarship prize is five hundred dollars ($500.00), which will be awarded and paid to the eligible winner by direct deposit into an eligible TFCU account held by the winner as a primary share member of TFCU. The scholarship prize is nontransferable, non-assignable, and nonnegotiable. The scholarship prize must be accepted as awarded in accordance with these Official Rules. Prizes are awarded “AS IS” with no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, made by TFCU or for which TFCU shall be liable, including, without limitation, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. There are no prize substitutions. Winners are solely and fully responsible for any and all costs, fees, taxes, assessments and expenses associated with their prize award, redemption, receipt and use, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes on the prize. If applicable, winners will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the actual retail value of the prize. Winners waive the right to assert, as a cost of winning a prize, any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem the prize. A winner’s noncompliance with any of the foregoing and any other condition of these Official Rules and this Scholarship Sweepstakes may result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize, in which case, no consideration will be awarded. LIMIT: One (1) prize per student and per Event in this Scholarship Sweepstakes.
6. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS. By participating in the Scholarship Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules and the random selection of the potential winner by TFCU (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries and the awarding of the scholarship prize), which are final and binding in all respects.
7. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Scholarship Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to TFCU’s (and its designees’, successors’ and assigns’) use of winner’s name, biography, likeness, voice, photographs, video, opinions, statements, hometown, state and country and to be contacted at the mobile number provided for promotional and other legal purposes in any manner or media (including, without limitation, online), worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further payment, consideration, notice, review or consent.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS. TFCU reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Scholarship Sweepstakes if, in TFCU’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Scholarship Sweepstakes, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties, or failures or any other factor beyond TFCU’s reasonable control, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Scholarship Sweepstakes. In all events, TFCU reserves the right in its sole discretion to award the scholarship prize at random from among eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of suspected impairment. TFCU reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Scholarship Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an illicit or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Scholarship Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, TFCU reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. TFCU’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of these Official Rules.
9. RELEASE. By entering, each entrant forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless TFCU and its affiliates and divisions and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, volunteers, agents, advertising and promotion agencies, representatives, partners and providers, and suppliers from and against any and all claims, damages, demands, allegations, or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Scholarship Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s award, receipt, or use of any scholarship prize awarded in the Scholarship Sweepstakes.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. TFCU is not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete, misdirected or postage due entries or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, phone number, internet, hardware, or software (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website or service; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Scholarship Sweepstakes; (e) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes Scholarship or the processing of entries; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer or telephone, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Scholarship Sweepstakes, or from viewing, playing or downloading any material from TFCU’s website, regardless of whether the material was prepared by TFCU or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to TFCU’s websites by a hypertext link.
11. DISPUTES. Any disputes arising out of the Scholarship Sweepstakes or these Official Rules will be governed in accordance with applicable federal laws and the laws of the state of Oklahoma. Any disputes will be settled in the district, jurisdiction, and venue of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Oklahoma County. ALL ENTRANTS WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL AND ADDITIONALLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO FORM AND/OR BRING A CLASS ACTION IN RELATION TO THIS SCHOLARSHIP SWEEPSTAKES TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY U.S. FEDERAL OR OKLAHOMA LAW. Entrants and participants in the Scholarship Sweepstakes (eligible or ineligible entrants and participants), shall not be entitled to claim, request, or receive any consequential, punitive, indirect, direct, special, incidental, or other damages for any reason. In the event of any damages awarded, such shall be strictly limited to direct and actual out-of-pocket expenses and costs, regardless of cause or reason. These limitations are void where prohibited. TFCU and its divisions, affiliates, partners, sponsors, representatives, and agents expressly disclaim any and all liability, indirect or direct, regarding the entrant’s participation in the Scholarship Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any chances of winning, and do not make any warranties of any kind as part of the Scholarship Sweepstakes.
13. OFFICIAL RULES. These Official Rules are available online at https://www.tinkerfcu.org/back-to-school-scholarship-sweepstakes-official-rules/ or by sending a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to Tinker Federal Credit Union – 2019 Back to School $500 Scholarship Sweepstakes Official Rules, P.O. Box 45750, Tinker AFB, Oklahoma 73145-0750. If you have questions regarding the Scholarship Sweepstakes or these Official Rules you may contact Tinker Federal Credit Union at (405) 732-0324 or 1-800-456-4828.
Seminole State College – 8/13/2019 10:00 AM
University of Oklahoma – 8/15/2019 8:00 AM
Langston University – 8/15/2019 11:00 AM
Southern Nazarene University – 8/16/2019 8:00 AM
Oral Roberts University – 8/17/2019 4:00 PM
East Central University – 8/19/2019 9:00 AM
Rose State College – 8/19/2019 10:00 AM
University of Central Oklahoma – 8/20/2019 9:00 AM
Rose State College – 8/20/2019 10:00 AM
Oklahoma City University – 8/20/2019 11:00 AM
Oklahoma Christian University – 8/21/2019 11:45 AM
Oklahoma State University – 8/21/2019 6:00 PM
Oklahoma State University – OKC – 8/22/2019 11:00 AM
Oklahoma Baptist University – 8/22/2019 7:00 PM
University of Central Oklahoma – 9/5/2019 7:00 PM
Oklahoma City Community College – 9/10/2019 10:00 AM
*Standard rates and fees apply for calls and text messages; the person contacted will be responsible for any fees or charges assessed by their mobile provider.